Monday, September 14, 2009

Summer Experiences

There was a recent write up done in our schools E-Newsletter about the summer and Avi submitted something about our summer. Here is what he wrote:
"So far, I’ve gone to a total of 46 Orioles games with lots of friends, but mainly Zevi Lowenberg, ‘11 and Segev Goldberg, ’10. My goal is 50! It is the best feeling when I go to the Orioles games and see how many people know me like the cashier and cook at California Tortilla, since I always go there to get some chips; the waiter at the Diamond Tavern across the street from the stadium at the Hilton gives us free sodas and fries every game; the usher who opens the gates; the ushers who run the line for the box office; the Orioles staff lady who goes around conducting surveys; the usher who works right behind home plate (Joey); the usher who protects fans from getting into the ballpark early without season ticket passes(Errol); the usher in my section loves me and is the one who lets us sit in the seats that we do even though they are way more expensive than what we pay (Kelly); the 4 people working at the food stand outside of section, along with the cashier; and the whole bullpen basically knows me. I have caught 2 home runs in games this year, so I have been asked by 4 people if I was the guy who caught the home run! When I say they know me, most of those people know Zevi and Segev also. Between the 3 of us, we were able to collect over 50 baseballs also and over 25 autographs too!
Avi Miller, ‘10"


No comments:

Post a Comment